Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Women's Day?!

So the International Women's Day gets celebrated on 8th March of every year. And I'm absolutely sure that a majority of the women including me have no clue why the 8th of March was picked as the D-Day! For those curious minds, here's a link.

Anyways, long story short, 8th march was the day of the Gregorian (the what?...i don't really care about calendars in the 1580's... do we follow that now? I've no freaking idea) calendar... and 8th march was the day the Russian women began a strike for "bread and peace" and then they got the right to vote?
What??

Ok, I still can't vote! Every time I submit my voter's registration, I never get the id or see my name in the list. So maybe the day I get to vote should be declared as the new Women's Day? No? Alright.... *sigh*

So what's the whole deal about this women's day? It was about women's right to vote or so back then and now its about how a women is a mother, a sister, a wife, a daughter,  a grandma, a great grandma, grand daughter..... a friend.....the list goes on....

Umm so? A man too is a father, a brother, a husband, a son..... What are people trying to portray here?
Also, if you notice, people tend to ignore 'Father's Day' but seem to remember 'Mother's Day'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a feminist when it comes to reasonable issues! This is just beyond my understanding...

Ignore the fact that I almost wished every girl I saw "Happy Women's Day!" I didn't want to left out or termed as a weirdo....

But looks like I'm one... :-S
Coming back to topic....For easier readability, I'm gonna list the pros and cons of celebrating women's day!

Cons:

  1. It gets celebrated without knowing why.
  2. If you are a man esp the husband/boyfriend/fiancé and you forget to wish your woman, you are most likely screwed! (Exceptions like me exist, where I asked my husband to wish me just for the heck of it, he did and we ate lunch just like every other day!)
  3. Ummm...
  4. Ummm....
  5. No idea!

Pros:

  1. People keep wishing you!
  2. You may get gifts
  3. You may get chocolates
  4. You may get cakes
  5. You may get new clothes
  6. Your significant other (man or woman) may make you feel special
  7. You plan a girls night out or just hang out with all the women! More Gossip!! 
  8. Why the hell is the cons section even there??

So here's celebrating womanhood with all the bunch of menstrual problems every month, the maternity scare, the menopause, the cooking, the cleaning and more!! 
So you might say it is to celebrate what's listed above? That's anything beyond celebration? Oh, so you mean it's a break from all that? Hardly!!

I would rather be a man and not have any day to celebrate! Or be a woman and accept that the Women's day is a psychological way of telling something similar to making people think that a shithole is awesome!

P.S: I might have angered a lot of women, but then it's my blog, my rantings! :D

2 comments:

  1. You don't want to be a man...the intense jock itches (tendulkar style) alone makes it not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm so it loss-loss situation....what about animals or birds? aliens? zombies? ;)
    And ya welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © La Dolce Vita!

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates